Growing up in the Evanston/Rogers Park area as a young child, Ricardo D. Spivey was exposed to a neighborhood filled with thriving park districts, academically rigorous schools, safe spaces to play in and the feeling that he and his family were deserving. Although life was not always perfect, his parents worked hard and were able to be proud of the life they provided for their children. His father worked long hours for the Metropolitan Water Reclamation District of Greater Chicago as an Engineering Aide. His mother worked for the Northrop Defense Contractors as a valued Project Manager. Seeing this instilled in him the value of hard work, love of community and the belief that residents are deserving of great neighborhoods to raise their families in.
When Ricardo D. Spivey moved to Country Club Hills in 2001, he saw the promise of our city; what it was and what it could be. In service to our great community, he, along with his wife and daughter have been proud to call this city home for 20 years. To ensure that his family, and the people of Country Club Hills were provided with what he was afforded as a child, he has served as Alderman of the 4th Ward of Country Club Hills for 8 years. In the April 2021 election, he ran and was re-elected as Alderman by 80% of the voters, indicating the people’s deep belief in him and support of the changes and initiatives that he put forth.
As Alderman of the 4th Ward for the past 8 years, he has worked hard at creating and cultivating an environment that promotes community improvement, developing teamwork and communicating openly and respectfully to achieve trust and accountability. Ricardo D. Spivey has been committed to the constituents of Country Club Hills and has been a part of major improvements in the city, but more importantly, he has taken note on more that can be accomplished. He attributes a significant part of his success to an ability to listen to the voice of the people. He has a strong belief that this is the main ingredient to any city’s progression along with empowering those who live, love, pay taxes, socialize and plan to raise families here for several generations to come. After receiving the support of his family, in 2022 he announced his candidacy for Mayor of Country Club Hills for 2023. Ricardo D. Spivey is passionate and focused on becoming a progressive Mayor that can guide Country Club Hills onto a path of becoming one of the leading cities in the Chicago Southland area.
Ricardo D. Spivey is an active member of Omega Psi Phi Inc., 100 Black Men of Chicago Mentoring Program, The Chicago Assembly and a Member of New Faith Baptist Church International. In 2018, he received the Alpha Phi Alpha Impact Award and the Chicago Defender Men of Excellence Award in recognition for outstanding service to the community.
"Our city and it's residents are a valuable asset to the development of the Chicago Southland area. My vision for the city of Country Club Hills is to build a diverse community that provides a high quality of life with sound fiscal management and a dynamic business environment."
- Ricardo D. Spivey
1) Establishing an aggressive economic development committee that will attract new businesses, large and small. We will create a thriving city that will support and sustain new and current entrepreneurs and businesses.
2) Commitment to improve communication between the City Council and their committees and residents.
3) Enhance governmental relationships with county, state and federal leaders and departments.
4) Improve customer service experiences for visitors and residents in all city building and with city employees.
5) Improve our Senior Citizen Snow Removal Program and resume the Senior's Transportation Program allowing seniors the opportunity to safely commute locally.
6) Create a new Senior's Resource Commission that will bring more resources for seniors and effectively communicate those resources that are available.
7) Coordinate with School District 160 to create a S.T.E.M. program that will equip and qualify our youth for job opportunities locally and across the world.
8) Enhance our Park District Programs to benefit residents of all ages and abilities.
9) Establish a new Veteran's Resource Commission ensuring more resources for veterans and making them more accessible.
10) Transform the Country Club Hills Outdoor Theatre into a world-class grant-funded Performance Arts Theatre that will not only provide entertainment but create a safe space for our youth to creatively express themselves.
Please pitch in a donation of any amount to help us stay on track to win this mayoral race →
“I’ve dedicated my life to improving our city and serving its residents, and I’m running for mayor to ensure that our government works for everyone." -Ricardo D. Spivey